Information for the Public
Bowen therapy for concussion management
Bowen Therapy is a complementary therapy that may assist in concussion recovery. Bowen Therapy can be administered after a medical diagnosis and in conjunction with other medical treatments. It is non-invasive and safe for all ages and all stages of concussion (including acute and Post-Concussion Syndrome).
Watch the video below for an introduction on how Bowen can help support concussion recovery.
Every concussion is different and recovery times vary. However, the potential benefits of incorporating Bowen Therapy into your concussion management program include:
Reduced Recovery Time:
- Bowen Therapy aims to accelerate recovery by increasing blood flow, reducing inflammation, and assisting the body’s healing response.
- Bowen Therapy seeks to expedite recovery by increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation, thus enhancing the healing response.
- Bowen may assist in effective concussion recovery, facilitating a successful and timely return to the field.
- Concussion often results in symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, cognitive difficulties and sleep disturbances. Bowen Therapy has been reported to provide relief from these symptoms, helping people regain their cognitive abilities and overall functionality (more rapidly than what). (insert link to the Read the Craig Mattimoe study here.
- By addressing both the physical and neurological aspects of concussion, Bowen Therapy provides a comprehensive and holistic approach to concussion management.
Non-Invasive and Safe:
- Bowen Therapy is a gentle, non-invasive technique that poses no risk of adverse effects.
- Bowen Therapy is an intuitive Australian technique, that poses no risk of adverse effects.
- Bowen therapy complements existing medical treatments, making it a safe and valuable addition to existing concussion management strategies. Do we say no other bodywork for 5 days?
Read the origin story of the concussion protocol and initial findings of the USA based Bowen Practitioner Craig Mattimoe
Need help with a concussion? Find a practitioner here. Look for the Bowen Concussion Protocol Practitioner logo.
To register your interest in participating in the Bowen Concussion Protocol Study, click below.